BE FREE


Rachel is a British artist who is exhibited internationally and who works across the mainstream and disability art sectors, presenting cross-cultural visual dialogues that consider the most profound notions of what it is to be human.































The weekend before last I attended Rachel Gadsen's art workshop which was held 
at Al Riwaq art gallery. 
She is an artist who works wonders regardless her health problems. 
She is walking with a needle pressed into her stomach, which injects her with something that keeps her alive, and breathing. Without the injections she gets every second, she could stop breathing.
Rachel was born with a rare disease which effects the chest and disables her from breathing normally. So she has to breath through these injections. Also, she is losing her sight, and she has enabled herself to create her masterpieces without having to depend on her eyesight, or anything else for that matter. I have learnt many things in the 3 hours I spent with her in that workshop. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the second day of the workshop. But she saw that I could create something good by using my hands, only if I allow my imagination to act wildly and freely. 
I was able to discover the artist inside of me, even though I have never attempted to draw anything in my life before that day I decided to attend the workshop and met Rachel. 
You can get to know more about Rachel Gadsden by visiting 
www.rachelgadsden.com

You never know what you are capable of doing until you try things you have never tried before.
Be free. 

Till next time
Stay fierce
xxx



Comments

Popular Posts