Feature no# 1: The Sartori Ali

This Saturday I'm featuring a very dear blogger friend. He is a brilliant fashion blogger. Trust me, HE KNOWS IT ALL. The one and only ALI AL BANNA.
I have known him for a very long time. He's such a sweetheart, genuinely kind, and extremely talented.
I asked him a few questions about his experiences as a blogger, and much more interesting things. This is for whoever aspires to be something different, unique, and big. His advice works for everyone and anything.
Without further due, below are Ali Al Banna's answers.






Describe yourself in few words?
A sentence would do: "I'm obsessively opposed to the typical"
What inspired you to start your blog?
Expressing my personal style, and creative mind on paper wasn't a difficult thing to do. It's how I voiced my opinions, and perspective towards fashion was the challenging part. So I started blogging, first about women's wear, then local fashion, and art, and now I'm trying to focus on menswear, and men's fashion.
Who is your favorite fashionista this time around?
Being a feminist and a guy at the same time, I'd favor style icons that combine both Masculinity and seams of feminine lines in one outfit. My favorite fashionisto will forever be a combination of Bryan Boy, and Nick Wooster. Locally, Yousif Al Taher from the Kuwaiti fashion and arts Athnain Magazine would be one of my style icons.
Who inspires you? And what pushes you forward?
I get inspired by those who make the most out of nothing, people who have started with humble beginnings and ended up in elite positions. John Galliano, Lady Gaga, Bryan Boy, and Stephane Rolland, are all people who I extremely look up to and admire. Looking back at everything I have previously done and, well looking at where I am pushes me forward. There is nothing that could boost you up and motivate more than your current position and ways that could put you in better and higher positions. Ignore the things you hear about limitations, you're as vast and limitless as your mind believes.
Talk to me about your designing career? When did you start designing? And what was your first design item?
It all started in 2010, the year I was named "The Best Emerging Talent of the year" in 2010. Being the youngest, I had no boundaries in learning from my surroundings.  My grandmother a seamstress, mother an artist whose life position leads her into accounting, I can say that it runs in the blood.
I started designing at the age of six, I taught myself everything there was to know about fashion – from books, to videos, to art lessons, and so on. The first item I designed was a grey, chiffon dress, with plum straps that were beaded and had Swarovski crystals; as good as that sounds, it was see through, thus reflects my boldness (laughs).
 What are your best memories as a fashion blogger?
My best memories as a fashion blogger would be the people I have met.  Never did I think that people whom I didn't know about would be one day like family, and would basically guide me through every high and low. Don't even mention on the amount of mental broadening that'll happen to you; hearing and observing so many actions and perspectives will leave you much more knowledgeable and accepting.
Where would you go if you were to travel now? Why?
I would go to Kings Cross Road, London without a doubt. Having Central Saint Martin's there, and not to forget that London is one of the best fashion capitals. Accepting, and expanding the day to day new coming trends without hesitations, it's the place to be.
What advice would you give to people who want to be fashion bloggers? Or to people who aspire to become something big?
Be very passionate about what you're doing, and always keep an open eye and mind to whatever you admire or feel interest by. Fashion isn't an easy industry, nor is the art field -  competition is always right around the corner, and just when you think you know everything…. You find out that you don't.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I can't even think of where I'd see myself tomorrow, but let's just hope that whatever or wherever it is, it’s related to the world of the arts, fashion, and somewhat doing something productive… Inshalla






 I can never get enough of what Ali has to say. He keeps things interesting. Follow him and get inspired to be whoever you want to be. NO LIMITS. 


 To see what Ali is up to, visit his blog, and follow him on Twitter.

Blog: http://thesartoriali.tumblr.com/
Twitter: @AliSylviaAlbana

See you next Saturday.
Till then,
Stay fierce
xxx


Comments

Popular Posts