Engagement juice. The before & After.

I thought what I had was the ultimate happiness. Nothing after it, 'cause I reached the max. But then, Mr. E walked in my life like a beautiful spring breeze (don't role the eyes when you hear something romantic). Sigh. It was not expected, in fact, I fought it in the beginning. But then, the unexpected happened. I fell in love, better yet, Love fell for me. Elhmadullah.

Mr. E is everything I ever wanted in a man. Even more than I had dreamed about. We didn't wait too long before we declared our love to the whole world. A good thing must never stay in the shadow.

I started freaking out when I had so little time (or so I thought) to get things done, and get a dress. I wen't everywhere hunting for the perfect dress, but I failed. However, the most brilliant thought occurred to me one night, before I fell asleep. TWO WORDS. Fatima Qassim. My friend, who's also a designer, fashionista, and blogger. I immediately contacted her the next morning, I was freaking out, but Masha'Allah, she comforted me with her very calm personality; she told me not to worry and everything will be perfect. Indeed everything turned out to be just perfectly fine.

First stage: Sketches
Fatima showed me few sketches she designed herself, and I chose the perfect one. What made it easier for me when I picked the design, were her very helpful notes next to each section on the paper. She even wrote her imagined fabric, which she thought would best suit the dress. And indeed it was just perfect, and because of her details, I was able to choose easily.

Second stage: Meeting
In the meeting with the designer, we discussed the budget and finalized our decisions regarding the fabrics. Sigh. What a relief.

Third Stage: Fabrics and tailor
A few days after that, we met one of the fabric shops, Fatima mostly deals with, and then we got everything we wanted. I chose the color, which is champagne, and dark red for the velvet (waist line). Then measurements, then I found myself talking dead lines. WOW. Feels like I've been running up the stairs or something just remembering it all.

Fourth and FINAL stage: Final fitting
The final fitting was the craziest of all. I FINALLY GOT MY DRESS. OMG. My little sister witnessed my crazy reactions from beginning to end. OH GOD. I remember it like it was just yesterday. Elhamdullah.

To be honest, I showed Mr. E the dress the same day I got it. I do not believe in the "it's bad luck to show the groom the dress" saying, because IT WAS NOT BAD LUCK. However his reaction when he saw the picture was completely different from when he saw me on the day of our engagement. I just love him so much. He is truly Allah's gift to me- Masha'Allah.

OK, so the moment you have all been waiting for, the PICTURES are up next..

                                                   
                                                          Fatima Qassim's chosen sketch

                                                         
               A picture sent to me by my best friend that helped me know how I want my dress to look like


The beautiful detail from the front


Another angle to show the lace details (Front) and the Velvet waist line


Velvet buttons ( 22 buttons)


The gorgeous details on the back. I JUST LOVE IT


Lace and Velvet all the way

               
The second dress, the first actually, was my Fatha dress (Which happens before the engagement).
I wanted to bring something from the Bahraini traditional wear to the scene. I told Mr. E "Look I don't want to wear a normal dress, I want to be different." Of course the Bahraini traditional wear is something Egyptians don't get exposed to, everyday. The Fatha dress was my 22st birthday gift from someone at work.

PICTURES up next






I just love the gold details on the dress


The last dress I have for you, is my Bridal Shower dress. My best friends threw me a Lollywood (Pakistani) themed bridal shower, which rocked like no other. I loved everything they did. The decorations, the music, the games, the make up (my make up was done by my best friend), the cake, the food, and most of all, THE GOOD COMPANY. Elhamdullah. I got very amazing gifts, too. My friends know me too well.

Pictures up next


Silver belt




Dress: from Jane Norman


I cannot describe my happiness. I love Mr. E- Masha'Allah. 
And to tell you the truth, life doesn't stop when someone gets married or engaged. It doesn't take anything away from you, or change you; on the contrary, it adds glitter. But it all depends on your partner and yourself. Everything is a blessing from Allah, just be thankful, and you'll get what you wish for. If not better.

Until the next post

Stay fierce 
xxx

P.S
Fatima Qassim's blog information

http://fatimaqassim.wordpress.com/



Comments

Popular Posts