On Marriage

Two days ago marked my 6 months of being married.

Mr. E & I got married in February but July marks the day we finally moved into our own home; so we decided to pin July as the day we celebrate our marriage.

I've been thinking about the past few months, excessively now because I am pregnant so reflecting on life kinda comes with the package!
To be honest, I won't change a thing about being married to Mr. E. I remember something my sister said to me one day she was spending at my place, she said "I don't think I am ready to become like you, just yet." What she meant was that she wasn't ready to be the woman who's got it all together in her own home. The woman who knows where everything is/ should be placed, the one who knows what time to start cooking, to do laundry, to relax and to do nothing.

Yes, I am proud to be this kind of woman.
It wasn't my choice to stay home, I did it not because my husband asked me not to work because he isn't like that, I stayed home because my pregnancy was and maybe still is critical. But I love staying at home. It is my kingdom. It is where I feel excited, regardless of the days in which I lack inspiration and start crying like a baby just because! I freaking LOVE IT.

I am not going to say "Marriage is not for everyone" like others will say, because it is all practice and patience and managing skills after all.

Being married to Mr. E taught me to be more understanding of everything, whether it is my needs or hubby's or our families'...

Now that I am pregnant, I feel strong even when my body disagrees! I feel happy even when my eyes are pouring. I'm not saying I don't get bothered or somehow angry when I forget something or when the laundry is left unfolded for two days. Sometimes I get lazy and lose control of everything, it is normal and it is okay.

Bottom line is I love being married to my husband. I love my life and I wouldn't change a thing not a single second of it. And I don't want whoever is reading this and is afraid of the concept to be scared of the commitment or to fear that life will get boring or anything after a short while; no. It is us who have the key to our own life, it is us who control how our life will be/stay the same/change.

I am blessed with the difficult moments before the easy and happy ones. I continue to pray to be blessed with anything and everything Allah brings my way.

Till next time,
xxx





Comments

Popular Posts