THE NEST 2015/2016




I came to the small island of Bahrain to visit my family, since I've moved back to Egypt earlier (now last year)
There was a lot of activities and things happening all around the Kingdom, but the one thing I got most excited about was The Nest 2015/2016.

The Nest is a public market and art space which Alriwaq Art Space organizes.
The Nest is made to promote the fresh and unique talents of the artists and designers in Bahrain and the region. The public market takes place all around Block 338 in Adleya, turning it into an attraction spot. Alriwaq never fails no impress!

I have volunteered in their previous public markets but this year I got to be the Volunteers' Coordinator. I met with such energetic group of volunteers, and I am proud of each one of them.

If you haven't been to The Nest, well, you've missed out on A LOT. The fun atmosphere, the fresh and live performances, the vendors, the local food, the art... Everything was extra amazing this year.
The Nest is designed to fit everyone, from children to adults. 

Although I didn't take many pictures because I was busy enjoying my time; I loved the art installations by young artists here in Bahrain, most of them have never done something as big before!
It truly excites me to know that there are such places here that encourage people, especially young ones to express themselves in the way they feel most comfortable with: ART, regardless the form. 

Also, to see that families and friends come together to sell or share their love for food and art with everyone else, is amazing.. One day I might join with my family, too.

I will truly miss the busy Nest weekends, but I'm sure Alriwaq will always be organizing such events throughout the whole year!



P.S: The Nest ends on January 9th, which is TOMORROW!! So make some time and visit








 

Comments

Popular Posts