A point to consider..

Reading makes a person think so much about things that gone undone. Actions gone unnoticed. And emotions gone unexpressed.

Was having a conversation with a friend who's doing her PhD. Our conversation was based on education and knowledge in general. I was told how bad the Educational system is, especially in fields like Literature. Literature here is based on only reading and analyzing.
I was taught how to read, analyse, and to think critically. Even now when I'm writing this, I am so overwhelmed by the strong education I had that I can't find the words to describe how powerful it is and how big of a change it made in my life, positive change.

I know what I want to do in this life. I know what I want to accomplish and feel. I want to make an impact and be inspired by everything around me.

And what led to this conversation was an egg shaped colorful lamp that I saw while passing by a vintage looking vintage gallery shop. I told her how much I liked these lamps and wanted to get few. Her answer was "When I move in to a new house, I'll get few of those too!"
I was thinking why do we, all of us, do this? Why do we delay things for later, or when things are much better? I mean what if this life now is as better as it gets? What if I die today, tomorrow or next week? I would have accomplished nothing because I do not cease the opportunity I have now and always keep things for later! That "LATER" which no body knows when it is.

It all became clear to me yesterday and more now while typing, what if that LATER moment happens actually the next second, day, month, or year? Would we know it and take the chance? Or will blindly let it pass by because, again, we're waiting for that "LATER/BETTER" chance?

It all starts with the small things. For example when I save a better shirt or skirt for a better outing rather that wear it to work or a quiet evening out. Happens when I won't use a certain perfume just because I like its smell too much to wear it anywhere/everywhere. New socks I don't wear on old sneakers... It all starts there. In the small things. Then when we get older and wiser, we realize the many chances we missed waiting for other chances which we are also going to miss.

How is it linked to my studies? Well I wouldn't have noticed that if it hadn't been for that line I read or heard somewhere. I wouldn't have noticed if I haven't learned to pay attention to the text in front of me or words  being said.
I wouldn't have noticed if I haven't payed even slight attention to the small things that happen around me.

Why wait till you get older or richer or have a better home, or travel or lose/gain weight, exercise or sleep or work? Why procrastinate? I swear things could change in a blink of an eye. We have to learn how to listen, feel, and act how we want NOW rather than later. Let later bring whatever it may, but for now, later doesn't happen anytime before later.


Comments

Popular Posts